Shafi Education in Brampton is focused on providing your child with the essential basics of the English language and building core mathematical skills. The Early Learners program, will focus on establishing fundamental skills in speaking listening, reading, and writing for introductory English learners. Our program focuses on providing a learning environment that reflects the social and cultural context in which each child is developing. The goal of the program is to help children make a smoother transition to grade 1, and to improve children’s prospects for success in school and in their lives beyond school.
- Providing a secure, respectful, fun and nurturing environment that meets their developmental needs
- An environment conducive to learning, that is culturally, linguistically, and developmentally appropriate.
- Setting expectations that are challenging but attainable.
- Flexibility to respond to individual differences and to make children feel comfortable in applying their unique ways of thinking and learning.
Our program for mathematics focuses on a balance of elements that include activating prior knowledge, engaging in the mathematics, and reflecting on the process. Students at Shafi Education will establish core skills in Maths by a variety of learning opportunities and experiences that are based on assessment information and the strengths, needs, and interests of the children. Our Goal is to provide the necessary tools to develop an understanding of the concept being investigated. For four- and five-year-olds, these learning experiences may include reading a story or poem that explores a mathematical concept, asking questions, engaging in problem solving as a group, or dramatizing a number poem or story.
- Activities that encourage to reasoning, investigation of ideas, extending understanding, reflecting, and making generalizations
- They will be encouraged to begin to represent their mathematical understandings in ways that are meaningful to them.
- Moving on children will begin to represent their thinking on paper, often using pictures and/or numbers and some words; others may use concrete materials